Every year at this time there are many homeowners who decide to wait until after the holidays to list their homes, while others who already have their homes on the market decide to take them off until after the holidays.
Here are seven great reasons NOT to wait:
- Relocation buyers are out there. Many companies are still hiring throughout the holidays and need their new employees in their new positions as soon as possible.
- Purchasers who are looking for homes during the holidays are serious buyers and are ready to buy now.
- You can restrict the showings on your home to the times you want it shown. You will still remain in control.
- Homes show better when decorated for the holidays.
- There is minimal competition for you as a seller right now. Inventory of homes for sale traditionally slows in the late fall and early winter. Let’s take a look at listing inventory as compared to the same time last year:
- The desire to own a home doesn’t stop when the holidays come. Buyers who were unable to find their dream home during the busy spring and summer months are still searching for a home!
- The supply of listings will start to increase substantially after the holidays.
Waiting until after the holidays to sell your home probably doesn’t make sense when the right Buyer could be looking for your home right now! Call Terry today at 519-802-8770 to get your home sold for top dollar.